July 13, 2022

The Earth Is The Lord's

The  Earth  Is  The  Lord's




YouTube Video


Anthony Palombo


The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof,

The world and they that dwell therein


I come in the midst of Heaven to bless the fullness thereof.

I stand in midst of the Earth and welcome the fullness thereof.

The Earth is the Lord’s and the Fullness thereof.


Behold, I come in the sea and put my hand on the tides thereof.

And, lo, I come in the wind and put my hand on the currents thereof.

The Earth is the Lord’s and the rhythms thereof.


Behold I come in the Earth and put my hand on the Seasons thereof.

And, lo, I come in the Sun and put my hand on the Fire thereof.

The Earth is the Lord’s and the Seasons thereof.

I come in the towering mountains, I come in the rolling hills,

I come in the blue-green forests, I come in the sweet daffodil.

The Earth is the Lord’s and the beauty thereof.


I mount the sky on wings of eagles,

I run on hooves through the boundless plains.

I plunge the deep in whales of the ocean

I nourish my own in the fields of grain.

The Earth is the Lord’s and the kingdoms thereof.


Who will stand with me in the midst of the fullness thereof?

And put a hand of care on the boundaries of the fullness thereof?

The Earth is the Lord’s and the boundaries thereof.





Behold, I’ll come to thee and put my fire in the heart thereof

And, lo, I’ll come through thee and give my love to the fullness thereof.

The Earth is the Lord’s and the Power thereof.


Behold, I’ll come to thee and put my thoughts on the wheel thereof.

And, lo, I’ll come through thee and shed my Light on the fullness thereof.

The Earth is the Lord’s and the Wisdom thereof.


And, yes! I’ll come to thee and put my breath in the flesh thereof.

And, yes! I’ll come through thee and share my Life with the fullness thereof.

The Earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof.


Who will stand with me and welcome the fullness thereof

And who will dwell with me in the heaven of the fullness thereof?

The Earth is the Lord’s and the heaven thereof.


Come and share with me in blessing with the Spirit of Love

The world and they that dwell in the Earth, and the fullness thereof.

The Earth is the Lord’s and the People thereof.


The Earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof

The world and they that dwell therein.


The Earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof.




Anthony Palombo — tpal70@gmail.com





Jim  Wellemeyer




February 15, 1953


At the beginning of the Service titled Cone Response, and prior to Uranda's spoken words,


With power and tenderness, Jim Wellemeyer sang this hymn titled The Lost Chord,


with Lillian at the piano, in the Chapel on Sunrise Ranch




YouTube  Audio


The Lost Chord  by  Arthur Sullivan


Seated one day at the organ,
I was weary and ill at ease,
And my fingers wandered idly
Over the noisy keys.
I know not what I was playing,
Or what I was dreaming then;
But I struck one chord of music, 
Like the sound of a great Amen.
It flooded the crimson twilight,
Like the close of an angel's psalm,
And it lay on my fevered spirit
With a touch of infinite calm.
It quieted pain and sorrow,
Like love overcoming strife;
It seemed the harmonious echo
From our discordant life.
It linked all perplexèd meanings
Into one perfect peace,
And trembled away into silence
As if it were loth to cease.
I have sought, but I seek it vainly,
That one lost chord divine,
Which came from the soul of the organ,
And entered into mine.
It may be that life's bright angel
Will speak in that chord again,
It may be that only in Heav'n
I shall hear that grand Amen.






Kathy  Meeker





Acknowledging The Presence Of God


Uranda  August 30, 1953


For our morning devotion, we have what I think is a treat. My wife is going to sing for us — Kathy Meeker sang the hymn: "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of Him who brings good tidings."




YouTube  Audio


Let us continue our meditations with a moment of devotion: Our Gracious LORD and Holy KING, we would give thanks to Thee for this beautiful morning, for the refreshing of the gentle breeze, for the privilege of resting in the Spirit of Thy Presence and acknowledging Thy Holy Name. And being gathered together with one accord, in one place, we would so yield to the working of Thy Will on earth, that the action of Thy Will may appear through us, even as Thy Will is done in Heaven, to the end that we may share in the coming of Thy Kingdom; for we know that the Kingdom invisible is being made visible, and that it is Thine; and we know that the power by which Thy Kingdom is made manifest is Thine; and we realize that the glory which appears with the manifestation of Thy Kingdom on earth is Thine. With grateful hearts we rest before Thy Throne, that we may know Thy Will and let it be done, that we may come into attunement with Thy Spirit and abide in the Secret Place of the Most High, that we may dwell under the evidence of Thy almighty Presence, now and forever. And we would thank Thee in this hour for the response of all Thy children everywhere, of every race and color and creed, that not one with yearning hearts may be overlooked, that not one who turns to Thee, whosoever, wheresoever he may be, may fail to receive the refreshing of Thy Spirit; but that each and all who yield in this hour and in the hours to come may be assured, from the depths of Thy eternal being, that all things do work together to perfection for all who truly love and serve Thee, so let it be Oh, LORD and King, so let it be, now and always. Aum-en.




© emissaries of divine light



1 comment:

suzc said...

The days are so full and fast and the currents of this time so swift, I almost missed this post completely. I am so thankful I was drawn back to it last evening. It is among the most special of all for me! I confess I was swept with a bit of nostalgia in hearing such precious voices from our collective past. But how sweet it was to hear Lillian at the keyboard, Jim's strong and beautiful voice, and Kathy's stunningly lilting soprano -- I'm sure I've not heard her voice ever before. Yet this was no trip down memory lane. It was an evocation of the Garden and of the foundations upon which we think and speak and act in these times. Soaring. Strong. Steady. Victorious.

Glorious!

Thank you, David.