It Really Makes Me Feel Very Uncomfortable
I Really Makes Me Feel Very Uncomfortable
an excerpt
Uranda March 16, 1947 Riverside, California
It is all done, all accomplished, and all achievement is possible through the Love and Power of Jesus Christ. The honor and glory are His, and while I appreciate recognition of my Ministry, the greatest recognition of it and the most pleasing for me, is the recognition of Him, and the proof that that Ministry means anything is the manifestation of an increased Love for Him.
The Master Himself came into the world and did these things, and lived among us because He loved each man, woman and child upon the face of the earth; and when, in the recognition of that Love for us, we learn to really love Him, then we can begin to be a part of His Body on earth, and being a part of His Body on earth in actuality, we can begin to let His Love work through us into the world. Unless that love becomes such a living, vital, constant and utterly complete, thing, so that it is that which fills our expression and holds us in oneness with Him, our words will continue to be just words and will accomplish no more than what a lot of other good people have accomplished.
I could not help you to know Him unless I knew Him. It is because I know Him as He was, and as He is, that I can help you to come to know Him. And the more vividly the individual knows that I know Him, the easier will it be for me to introduce the individual to the LORD of Lords, so that each one can know Him, and so that these things can be such vital, living realities in relationship to us right now, no longer separated by two thousand years—something that is just as real and just as vital for us as it possibly could have been for those disciples; and in fact it must be a lot more vital and real than it was for any of those disciples, save one. And unless that vividness can be conveyed to the One Christ Body, so that it is just as real as it was to John the Beloved, then there is no means whereby this outworking can take place now. We have got to know Him and love Him. Time, in that sense, has utterly no meaning. Until we get away from this tendency of thinking of ourselves as being separated from Him by 1900 years, it cannot be done. It must be just as if He had walked every step of the way here with us, or as if we had with Him then, and then the possibilities of fulfilment for us are really greater than they were for the disciples after He returned to the Father.
That is why, while I appreciate your recognition of my Ministry, it really makes me feel very uncomfortable when you express so lovingly — and I am not criticizing you for it — unless the praise and honor and glory go to Him. Yes, I know, it goes to Him through me, but I have said these things because I have tried to convey to you how I feel about it so that you emphasize in those recognitions the love and response to Him. I am not finding fault — please understand — but I am just trying to convey how I feel about it.
© emissaries of divine light
No comments:
Post a Comment